We are a Mexican publishing house and creative studio founded in 1994 by Will Eisner Award winner, Oscar Gonzalez Loyo, along with his wife, Susana Romero, and his father, Oscar Gonzalez Guerrero. We're specialized in family and children-oriented comic books, contents, publicity mascots, storyboards, motion comics, graphic design, animation, scripts and edutainment products for both digital and printed platforms.

Our career includes collaborations and titles with companies such as Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Bongo Comics-The Simpsons, Televisa-Sesame Street, Warner Bros-Looney Tunes, Blue Demon Jr., Right Stuff Inc.-Astroboy, Bubble Gummers, Coqueta & Audaz, Disney Mexico, among many others.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

ARTISTS' DISDAIN


As a curious and sad fact, some publishing companies at our country didn't, and don't want to give any credits to writers and artists at their publications because no importance is given to them and their rights are just trampled. In my case, when I worked at Editorial Vid for some of The Flinstones' comics in 1991, besides being cheap when paying for each page (for our international friends, here in Mexico, companies pay from 10 to 20 dollars for each page), they definitely didn't want to put on my credits in the comic, so since I'm very stubborn, I always left some sign or clue in order to confirm that I had drawn those comics. In the example above, I drew Jiva, one of my characters from Karmatron's universe.


No comments: